Australian History: A Primary Teacher Companion
WHOLE BOOK (GRADES 4-6)
Immediately download a PDF of the entire book.
File size: 24MB
GRADE 4 ONLY
Immediately download a PDF of the GRADE 4 chapter only.
File size: 9MB
GRADE 5 ONLY
Immediately download a PDF of the GRADE 5 chapter only.
File size: 9MB
GRADE 6 ONLY
Immediately download a PDF of the GRADE 6 chapter only.
File size: 8MB
ISBN: 978-0-646-96443-0 | First published January 2017
From the coolest mag in History comes a 192-page Primary teaching companion for every Australian classroom.
Keeping the engaging and entertaining nature you know from our magazines, Australian History: A Primary Teacher Companion provides teachers with fun articles, worksheets and ideas to meet each and every requirement of the upper-primary History curriculum and integrate the Humanities into English and Literacy studies. (Because, let’s be honest, as much as we’d like it to be different, no-one has the lesson time to dedicate solely to History!)
- Every curriculum concept explained in detail.
The Victorian-equivalent curriculum code stated alongside each Australian Curriculum concept.
Teaching tips specific to each concept to help make every Primary teacher a History teacher!
2 or 3 engaging articles and several worksheets (answers included) relate to every concept. Some articles and many worksheets have never before been published in HistoriCool Magazine nor its coinciding Teacher Packs.
Glossaries for tricky words.
Questions for discussion, interesting web links and ideas for classroom creativity and assessment.
Each grade level colour coded for easy identification.
Fun cartoons (who ever said History was boring?!)
Sample student grading/tracking sheets.
PLUS: Every single article, worksheet and marking sheet available as an online download to print and use in your classroom!
So, what does the companion cover?
- ACHASSK083: The diversity of Australia's first peoples and the long and continuous connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to Country/Place (land, sea, waterways and skies)
- ACHASSK084: The journey(s) of AT LEAST ONE world navigator, explorer or trader up to the late eighteenth century, including their contacts with other societies and any impacts
- ACHASSK085: Stories of the First Fleet, including reasons for the journey, who travelled to Australia, and their experiences following arrival
- ACHASSK086: The nature of contact between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and others, for example, the Macassans and the Europeans, and the effects of these interactions on, for example, people and environments
- Worksheets and activities to address specific Grade 4 Inquiry & Skills competencies
- ACHASSK106: Reasons (economic, political and social) for the establishment of British colonies in Australia after 1800
- ACHASSK107: The nature of convict or colonial presence, including the factors that influenced patterns of development, aspects of the daily life of the inhabitants (including Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islander Peoples) and how the environment changed
- ACHASSK108: The impact of a significant development or event on an Australian colony
- ACHASSK109: The reasons people migrated to Australia and the experiences and contributions of a particular migrant group within a colony
- ACHASSK110: The role that a significant individual or group played in shaping a colony
- Worksheets and activities to address specific Grade 5 Inquiry & Skills competencies
- ACHASSK134: Key figures, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation and Constitution
- ACHASSK135: Experiences of Australian democracy and citizenship, including the status and rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, migrants, women and children
- ACHASSK136: Stories of groups of people who migrated to Australia since Federation (including from ONE country of the Asia region) and reasons they migrated
- ACHASSK137: The contribution of individuals and groups to the development of Australian society since Federation
- Worksheets and activities to address specific Grade 6 Inquiry & Skills competencies