At HistoriCool we believe that history is way more than just an academic subject, but an incredible tool to grow social skills in kids and tweens. So while our young readers have their heads stuck into articles about Marie Curie's incredible achievements, the real Winnie the Pooh, and the seemingly endless ways that those in medieval England met their untimely end... they are actually becoming aware, empathetic, respectful and self-confident young people - just the sort of achievers who will make history in the future!
HISTORICOOL IS FOR KIDS WHO:
- Are around 8-14 years old and have a budding interest in the past;
- May be more likely to enjoy reading if it involves short-form, fun material;
- Or are big readers, and need a constant supply of interesting and varied content to keep them going;
- Would receive a confidence boost from reading the stories of inspiring historic figures who have made an impact on the world, even through adversity.
HISTORICOOL IS FOR TEACHERS WHO:
- Need support material to teach the humanities;
- Want to engage students in history so that they are more receptive to learning it in the classroom;
- Need ideas for individual and group activities and other resources to teach particular curriculum topics;
- Want something that students will flock to in free-reading time rather than begrudgingly flip through.
- Were not given the amount of knowledge required to confidently teach the humanities while completing teacher training.
EACH ISSUE OF HISTORICOOL MAGAZINE CONTAINS:
- Entertaining, educational and inspiring articles around engaging themes
- Articles that link in with the school curriculum (and many more that our readers will never learn in the classroom!);
- Glossaries to accompany each article, defining tricky words;
- Fun puzzles, activities and quizzes;
- Readers' own articles, submitted as part of our HistoriCool Junior Historian Program.
- Coinciding teacher resources in PDF format containing lesson plans, class activities, printable worksheets and assessment ideas related to the content of each issue.